planning consent

Insights into what is involved in buying, selling & living in Portugal

Building on agriculture land

In general, building in the country is difficult and very limited. Although there is general legislation, each town council can set their own set of rules what is allowed in certain areas. Besides the differentiation between REN (national ecological reserved) be and RAN (national agriculture reserved) we also have National Parks, Maritime zoning and more. Read more →